Thursday, August 23, 2007

Yummy Snack Idea


I found this really yummy low fat snack for everyone who loves cottage cheese (me! me!). I got the idea from my mother who said sometimes she just puts cottoage cheese on crackers. I thought it was kinda weird at first but then i had a great idea and decided to try it out!

I took a container of low fat cottage cheese and cut up onion, green pepper and a few olives (a few because they are loaded with sodium). I also added a spoonfull of mild taco sauce to it. I then got a bag of baked tortilla chips (tostitos has awesome whole wheat chips). You can either just dip the chips in it or break the chips up and mix them in with the cottage cheese. Either way, it is sooooo delicious! It may not sound appetizing at first but it is very good! It's even better if you let it sit over night so that it sort of soaks up the onion and green pepper flavor, too. I'm sure you can add any other items that you might like or want to try with it.

Try it and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment