Friday, March 23, 2012

What Would You Do??

Down another 2 lbs this week! Yahoo! and that's with me being bad a few times. I did get my bike out this week and went on a few bike rides with the kids on top of my regular exercise routine. I really love riding my bike but I have to give it a rest for a few days because my butt hurts! We even got one of those bigger more comfortable seats on the bike but it still hurts. Ahh well. The exercise is making me feel sooo good mentally and physically plus my kids love that I'm getting out and doing things with them. It's almost as if I'm becoming addicted to exercising. I hate just sitting around.. I feel like I'm being lazy so I'm always thinking of things to do.. go for a walk, a bike ride, play Just Dance on the wii or what?? Even though the numbers on the scale have been moving slower than I would like them to, my clothes have been looser. My mother in law asked me last weekend if I've lost weight which made me feel good. She's always been super thin, never had a weight problem but a lot of her family does and she is very understanding about it.

One thing I've been doing to help with portion control is to use a small plate instead of the normal big plate. Even though I know it's less food, I don't feel as if I'm starving or wanting more. I feel satisfied with the small plate so that is what I am going to keep on doing.

Did anyone watch, "What Would You Do?" last week? Their skit for last week was at a higher end clothing store, and they had two women walk in together; one was thin, the other was bigger. The saleswoman (an actress) was rude to the bigger girl telling her that, "we don't have anything that will fit you", "we don't sell double digit sizes".. They did this to see how other people would react and if anyone would stick up for the heavier girl. I was surprised at how many women yelled at the sales woman for being so rude. All of the women that were sticking up for the bigger girl were thin but yet they were soo angry at this sales women. A couple of them were even getting emotional about it. It kind of changed the way that I look at others and how I think people are looking at me. When I'm out, especially at a clothing store, I feel like the thinner people in the store are looking at me or laughing because I am in the PLUS section.. but maybe some of them would even stick up for me??

Oh, and I didn't get a call back about the job interview last week.. *cries* . I'm sick about it. I really wanted this job!!!!!! I sincerely hope it wasn't because of my little embarrassing incident that happened but I will really never know. Maybe someone was more qualified or had experience.. I don't know... but it's depressing. I need a job desperately. I need a job for one, because of money. We are just barely scraping by on my husband's pay check so me working would be wonderful. I do work from home, but I don't make much.. not even half as much as I used to.  Plus, I want out of the house. I've been working from home for the past 6 1/2 years. The kids are all in school now and I'm tired of being stuck at home.. I want to get out of the house and talk to people!




No comments:

Post a Comment