Friday, March 9, 2012

Up and Down, Up and Down

So last week I gained 2 lbs, and this week I lost 2 lbs. I'm glad I lost, but I'm at the same weight I was 3 freaking weeks ago! I've been working out every day and watching what I eat, it should be more than that, wtcrap? Ugh. It's starting to get frustrating but I am not ready to give up yet. I know that I wasn't perfect this week, but I wasn't super bad, either.

I was proud of myself earlier today though. My mom and I went out to lunch today. I didn't exactly order healthy. I did have a grilled chicken sandwich covered with onions (and some cheese.. mmmm) and onion rings that I split with my mom. The onion rings had no flavor, so I only ate a couple of them, and I got full half way through my sandwich, so I left it there on my plate. I never do that! Usually I stuff myself until I'm sick because I don't want to waste anything. I ate less than half of what was on my plate, yayyy mee! and I didn't feel like I was missing out.

I have noticed that I am getting further along in the workout video that I have before I feel like I'm going to fall over dead. Even though I don't really like the workout, it feels good that I am getting better at it because it means that my fitness level is getting better and that is super important to me.

Some days I look in the mirror and think my face looks thinner and other days not so much. Maybe I should start taking some pictures of myself like on a monthly basis. I'll think on that one. I don't like photos of myself but no one else would see them except me to compare, at least until I lose a significant amount of weight and want to show it off. I've always wondered though, since I've been overweight my whole life and have always loathed my reflection in the mirror, will I still see myself as being fat if I lost 100 lbs? Would my vision of myself still be distorted? Or would I be able to accept my accomplishments and learn to like what I see in the mirror? I hear stories all the time of people losing a large amount of weight but they still think they are fat just because their mind is so screwed up. I want to like what I see in the mirror and be happy with who I am.

Inspiration

(this pic was posted on the Bob Harper FB page)


Amazing! and she looks hot in those boots!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment