Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Goodbye Prozac...

Well, I've been off of the Prozac for about a week now. The heart palpitations are still here, just not as often. I've been on the low dose of Effexor for a week. Haven't noticed much difference in my mood yet but it will take time for the Prozac to get out of my system and the Effexor to take hold. I have noticed a few side effects from the Effexor. I've been really super tired lately, however I don't know if it's from the meds or just from my LIFE. I'm feeling burned out.. just too many things to do and not enough hours in the day. Between work, kids, school, housework, meals... etc. I'm just drained every day and I know it's not going to get any easier any time soon. My husband doesn't help me with much of anything anymore.. He used to, but not anymore.

When I was prescribed Effexor I did some research on it. The biggest complaint that I read was weight gain! *crap!* and now I'm starting to understand it! For the past few days I just feel starving all the time.. even if I have just eaten! Now I'm freaking out that I'm going to gain more weight, which I obviously DON'T need! I just feel hungry all the time!! I have to do something before it gets out of control! When I go grocery shopping next I'm going to get some healthy snacks to have for when I get this starving feeling. I also think I'm going to start working out again at home while the kids are in school. I'm hoping that soon I will have the money to join the local gym that a friend of mine goes to. I would have someone to work out with and I really think that working out would give me more energy and would motivate me to eat healthier again. BUT, that is just one more thing to squeeze into my daily schedule!

Things on the marriage front are not much better. I'm about to give up on marriage counseling. At our last session the counselor actually got onto HIM for not making any sort of effort to show me any kind of affection. He said he wanted us both to make some sort of effort before our next session (which was supposed to be yesterday but my husband ended up having to work so we couldn't make it). So far, no effort. I really feel like there is no point going to marriage counseling if he is not going to put any effort into it.

BUT, screw it. I'm not going to worry about it anymore. I'm just going to do my own thing and work on myself.. not let him bring me down ANY more. Still have a lot of things to think about before making any rash decisions. Just see where life takes me..

Oh yeah.. and SCREW SNOW!! Argh.. this winter has been absolutely horrible!!!

Ooh and if anyone is on Twitter follow me! tatteredsoul77

2 comments:

  1. A workout buddy is always a good thing. I always do better when I know people are expecting to see me at the gym, even if it isn't really a formal buddy but rather someone who always makes a point of saying hello and how are you.
    Sorry to hear about how the Effexor is going. But some healthy snacks maybe will help. I recommend fruits and veggies, just because then you're working on a major food group too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dear, i know exactly what are you going through. To help stop feeling drained and depressed all the time i suggest taking some multivitamins as fast as possible, with a lot of vitamin B in it.I take some blue algae product, it has all the vitamins, minerals and enzymes in it.It helped me enormously when i felt depressed, at first i thought it is a joke,i thought i need a psychiatrist or a gun,not vitamins, but after only few days i started feeling better and my mind became clearer. You have no idea how much vitamins deficiencies affect us.
    Also the doctor who recommended this to me told me to repeat 10 times a day "i am the best". Well, i'm still working on that...

    Be well and be strong, you are not alone!You are the best!
    Ed

    ReplyDelete