Depression comes in very different forms! If you are not sure if you just have the "blues" or if you are suffering from a serious Depression problem, here are some symptoms to keep an eye out for. If you have the following symptoms that just don't seem to go away then it is time to consider getting help.
* you can't sleep enough or you sleep too much
* you can't concentrate or find that previously easy tasks are now difficult
* you feel worthless and hopeless
* you can't control your negative thoughts, no matter how much you try
* you have lost your appetite or you can't stop eating
* you are constantly irritated or become enraged even at small things - and this is new for you
* you have thoughts that life is not worth living, or have a plan for how you would end it
* you have lost your energy.
*you cry for no apparent reason and feel as if you can't control it.
*IF you have thoughts of suicide GET HELP IMMEDIATELY!!
Ways to help you cope with your depression:
*Ask for help and support from your friends and family.
*Make healthy lifestyle changes (regular exercise, enough sleep, eating healthy.. etc).
*Seek help from a professional. Talk to a therapist or even just a doctor to help you decide if you need to be on medication.
*Keep up with social activities.
*Join a support group.
*Do things that you enjoy.
*Write in a journal.
*Make a list of things you like about yourself.
*Get some sunlight every day.
*Find ways to manage your stress.
*Boost your B vitamins.
*Replace negative thoughts with positive thoughts. (this can be difficult but practice and make yourself do it and the easier it will become!)
Depression is not an easy thing to deal with. If you are tired of living with depression and fighting a constant battle get HELP and make the changes that are needed to make life enjoyable again! I'm working on it and I feel soo much better already on the inside and out!