Saturday, January 12, 2008

The new year....

Ok, so my resolution for the new year is not to lose weight. My resolution is to be healthier! Eat healthier and get more exercise. I've decided not to worry so much about the number on the scales but just live a healthier way of life! I have been working out just about every day and been trying to eat healthier. My biggest obstacle right now is my husband (again). Ok, yeah he is working out, too but he isn't eating any differently. There's no use talking to him because he wont listen and he doesn't care. When he is hungry, he is hungry! He is used to being able to eat whatever he wants to because he has always worked an active laborous job. Now he's not working such an active job and the calories are staying instead of leaving! However, I'm not going to lecture him or push him. It's his decision and no matter how much I want him to go along with my eating habits I can't force him. It has to be his decision. Anyway, back to my point. So with this job he gets home around 10-11 pm every night. A lot of nights he ends up picking up something to eat on the way home because he hasn't had dinner yet and is starving. He always brings extra home for me, too and if it is in my face then I have a very hard time pushing it away. I have told him not to bring me home anything anymore because I probably wouldn't eat anything if it weren't for him bringing stuff home!

I'm still having such a struggle with food. It seems to be a neverending struggle. I have a love/hate relationship with food. I love it and crave it but I hate it for making me fat! Once I am in the eat mode I just can't get out of it. It's like an addiction. Like a drug. That is my biggest problem throughout all of this. I'm trying to make healthier choices..I just hope I can continue with it. I know I can eat some junk food, just in moderation. Therein lies my problem. The moderation part, lol! I'm just trying not to stress about it and worry about the number on the scales anymore. Maybe i wont even weigh myself at all anymore I will just go by how my clothes fit? That way when I have bad weeks where the numbers don't move I wont get so stressed out about it? Hmm, that's a good idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment