Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Another year!

So it's been an entire year since I first started with my "journey". Hmm, in some ways, I think that I have wasted a lot of it, which I have. However, I did lose some weight and am not ready to throw in the towel yet. I still have a lot more to go. I know that if I would have stuck with it for the entire year I would be really happy with myself right now, but I didn't. I can blame it on being sick, I can blame it on my husband, I can blame it on lots of things but no one puts food in my mouth except for me!

So here we go again. Like I said yesterday I am feeling better now, thankfully this sickness didn't last but a few days this time. I still have a cough and some congestion but nothing like it was last week. My husband and I got a heavy bag over the weekend and have started making use of it. He was a golden glove boxer when he was younger (an injury ended up getting him out of it). He is teaching me how to hit it and different exercises I can do. I really like working out with him because he really pushes me. My left arm felt like it was going to fall off earlier but he wouldnt let me stop! He still kept pushing me to do a few more. I really, really like hitting the heavy bag. It feels good to punch something, lol! I think it helps with my stress level too as I am feeling pretty good today. I've done good today so far with eating. For breakfast I had a light yogurt and a granola bar. For lunch I had a microwave meal (300 cals) and for my snack some celery with peanut butter. Ofcourse lots of water today, too. I have always kept up with drinking lots of water each day. I used to be a pop (soda) freak and drank nothing but that all day long. Now I may drink one diet pop a day but that's it. The rest of the day it is all water!

I didnt weigh myself yet. I'm going to keep at it for awhile and then weigh just to see where I am. I remember what i was the last time I weighed so hopefully I can get the scales to move down again, lol. I'm going to keep reading the weight loss message boards (i have the links posted in my fave links) for inspiration. Also going to get more active with sparkpeople again to keep me motivated...and ofcourse posting here as much as possible. Now that the daily routine is starting to feel like a routine again I think i can manage getting time in to post here more! I need to get back into the mindset that I had a year ago. I felt unstoppable about this back then and I want that back! That is what kept pushing me. I just have to keep reminding myself WHY I am doing this and remind myself of how miserable I am at this weight! Food is not worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment