Monday, September 24, 2007

Here I Go Again..On My Own...

Yes, I am in an 80's mood today, lol!!!.. Well, last week wasn't so great. I was just really busy and still feeling sick. My oldest baby started school last week *sniffles* and I was trying to work as much as possible. My sons teacher does home visits twice a month so now I'm going to have to squeeze those in every couple of weeks, too!..Anyway, I've been feeling crappy all week, mostly from not working out and I have been eating really badly. I just feel myself getting fatter and fatter and gaining pounds back but I refuse to get back on the scale because it will just depress me more!! However, today is Monday and it's a brand new week and I am feeling inspired again! I was getting tired of how I felt, just fat and yucky and was already planning on starting over today and getting back to it. Then lastnight I talked to a friend of mine. She has been trying to lose weight, too. She started before I did. She is able to actually go to a gym and work out (I'm jealous). Lastnight she told me she has lost 39 lbs now and was telling me about the cute clothes she has been buying. Saturday night she went out with her husband (he is in a band) and she got hit on by a few guys. I want to know that feeling!! It may sound shallow or immature but I have never had much attention from men. It was always my friends that got hit on and hardly ever me. It did happen once in awhile but it was rare and was always someone nasty, LOL!. I told her what an ego booster that must have been and she said she couldn't stop giggling all night! Im loving the clothes she has been wearing, too and I am mad at myself because I could be close to where she is by now. I SHOULD be close by now but I'm not and it's all MY fault. It's my fault for not being more diligent about my eating. I did work out every day before I got sick but would still eat badly most of the time. Well, not most of the time, but I had a lot of "cheats" that I shouldn't have had. I am really feeling motivated again! The other day I put in this 80's mix CD I burned and it made me want to move so I decided to use that for some of my workouts. I am feeling better from my cold..just have a little bit of a cough still left so today I'm getting back to my daily workouts. I already worked out this morning. I just started my monthly "friend" (she is no friend!) and Im realllly crampy and in pain but I still made myself do it! I put that mix CD in and just started dancing around. I threw in some work out moves here and there and I was sweating and feeling it! I'm going to start out like that and then slowly work myself back into the higher intensity workouts that I was doing. I know my body has to get used to it all over again since it has been about 2 weeks since I have really worked out. But I'm ready for it! I'm not dreading it..so hopefully this motivation will stick around again! I'm not going to weigh myself, I'm just going to go by how my clothes feel and keep driving to be able to get into the next lower size! I'm going to try and really watch what I eat again, too. There is some left over pizza in the refrigerator but for lunch I am just going to have one piece and give the rest to the kids and have something else healthy with it!

I'm going to post here whenever I get a chance. I'm still trying to work as much as possible but I miss blogging!

No comments:

Post a Comment