Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Challenge is over...

And it sucked! We only have a couple of people who joined it and there wasnt much participation...and I lost my motivation for awhile, too. I don't even have much to report because Im not weighing myself anymore..the scales is the devil!

I'm still going to report once a week here. My weekend was super busy. We went to a concert on Saturday and stood for about 5 hours...my feet and legs were soo sore by the time we left! Then Sunday we went to the zoo and walked around for about 5 hours. My legs were tired but I had fun. A year ago if I had gone to the zoo I would have been complaining about the walking and wanting to sit down to rest a lot. The only time we sat down the entire day was when we were eating lunch, so I was proud of myself..but we were sooo wore out by the time we were finished. My husband and I especially because we had been out the night before! I feel like Im finally catching up on my sleep. My husband had yesterday off of work but I still had to work. That is one thing that sucks about working from home, we don't get holidays!

I did work out again this morning. My legs are feeling it, too, after all of the walking and then I did a lot of running today. But I dont mind, I like that feeling! I'm going to try to force myself to get back on track with my eating this week.

My husband has had stomach problems for a long time. Last year when we separated it got really bad to where he was throwing up blood. He went to a million different doctors and they could never figure anything out. He went to a new doctor a few weeks ago and they think it is his gall bladder. He had an ultrasound after his first appointment and they found a lot of stones, so last week he had to have a CT Scan. He's still waiting to hear back from the doctor on that. I told him that he needs to control his eating. He knows what foods will make him sick. Anything spicy. A lot of milk. Onions. Doritos. He knows that he will be sick but he still eats it anyway. I told him I dont want to hear him complaining about it anymore because he still keeps eating the same things. Then I started thinking that I cant really bitch at him for it when I cant control my eating either! Even though I dont get as sick as he does, I still am hurting myself because I should have lost A LOT more weight by now but I havent because I have so much problem controlling what I eat. Why does food have such control over me? I mean, think about it. We chew it, we swallow it and then poop it out! Why should that give us such satisfaction? Sometimes if I eat too much I feel like crap afterwards and have stomach cramps from it, but I keep doing it to myself! I dont eat as badly as I used to and my clothes are still loose, but I should have lost more by now. I was excited the other day though. When we went to NYC I bought a shirt there. It fit but I would usually stretch it out a bit for it to be really comfortable. So the other day I put it on and I didnt even need to stretch it like normal! It's such a good feeling when I notice things like that, so why do I keep sabotaging it? Sometimes I just feel so burned out and sick of worrying about calories and fat and working out...but I have to remember that the results are going to be worth it! I'm not getting any younger and I want to be able to enjoy myself and like my body before old age makes it all sag and hang everywhere anyway, LOL!

4 comments:

  1. Sorry I wasn't better with the challenge! Things have been ridiculous in my life lately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Challenges test our resiliency, patience and character. Welcome them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's ok Cory! Don't worry about it, I just wish we could have had more people involved to help each other out!....Patience is one thing that I do not have much of, LOL!

    ReplyDelete