Friday, February 17, 2012

So Far, So Good... What's Next??

I had a bunch of things to write about this week, but now I'm feeling like poop and haven't done a thing for the past 3 days. I think I have another sinus infection. My head hurts, my face hurts, I can't stop coughing. UGH! I tried to exercise as much as I could but yesterday I decided I should probably put working out on hold until I get rid of this crap.

I did lose another 2lbs this week! I was hoping for more, but any loss is still a loss, plus I know I missed a few workouts. I was kind of bad last weekend, too. I'm going to attempt to be more in control of what I stuff my face with this weekend. Weekends are always the worst for me because we are always busy. I have a routine during the day.. when I get out of my routine, it screws everything up! I love routine. As of right now, I can't even taste anything so really have no reason to want to eat junk if I can't even taste it. It seems like a waste if you can't taste it, right??

I always seem to do pretty good during the week. Like I said, I get on a routine, and the odd thing is, I really don't feel very hungry. I don't find myself craving things. I think one thing that helps is allowing myself one "cheat" day... mine is Friday. Gives me something to look forward to during the week. I think it's better to have one day a week that you are allowed to cheat (within reason.. and not to the point of making yourself sick!) than to just lose control and eat, eat, and eat until you forget the whole idea of losing weight or getting healthy! You can lose weight without never being able to eat pizza again. It's all about moderation. Eat 1 slice of pizza instead of 3, or get a kids meal instead of the regular jumbo sized portion. Thin people eat pizza and ice cream, too (well, most of them do), they just don't eat the entire container in one night all by themself!

I've also noticed that I don't stuff myself as much... without even thinking about it! When I used to eat, I would eat until my stomach was stretched to its limits and writhe in pain thinking about how stupid I am. Once I began getting healthy, I had to stop and remind myself to put down the fork as soon as my stomach began feeling full. I've noticed lately that I don't even have to think about it, I just stop. I think these are steps in the right direction! I see my next goal coming into my reach!

No comments:

Post a Comment