Thursday, March 12, 2009
I was sitting here looking over my blog trying to decide what to post about! Starting to get writer's block for this blog and needed some inspiration! As I was looking through my past posts something just popped into my head. I started asking myself, "what is it like to truly feel happy?" Then I started wondering what the definition of "happy" is?
Dictionary.com defines it as this:
1. delighted, pleased, or glad, as over a particular thing: to be happy to see a person.
2. characterized by or indicative of pleasure, contentment, or joy: a happy mood; a happy frame of mind.
3. favored by fortune; fortunate or lucky: a happy, fruitful land.
4. apt or felicitous, as actions, utterances, or ideas.
5. obsessed by or quick to use the item indicated (usually used in combination): a trigger-happy gangster. Everybody is gadget-happy these days.
Now that I've thought of it for a little bit, I'm sure that everyone has their own different perception of what true happiness really is!
Can money buy happiness? Having the ability to buy anything your heart desires? Go on vacations? Have a nice house? Nice car? Nice clothing? Can that make someone truly happy? What about love? Can love make someone feel truly happy?
What does happiness feel like? Is it this overwhelming feeling of contentment that everything is good, everything is great? Having no worries in the world? Is it that feeling of just wanting to smile all the time and wish everyone a good day? Does true happiness last? Does it even EXIST?
I'm curious and hoping for some reader response here. I would love to find out what everyone's idea of true happiness is??