Friday, November 7, 2008

Where we are headed...

I mentioned awhile back that I wanted this blog to take a new direction. It was originally based around pure weightloss strategies. I want it to be something more than that!! To be honest, life has been so hectic that I've not concentrated much on weight loss, even though I know I should! Between the kids, work, school and housework I am just drained every day, mentally and physically... When the weather was nice my family and I took a lot of walks down by the river, even a few hikes which I always enjoyed and felt so good afterwards! Now that fall is upon us and winter is slowly approaching, the days are getting colder and the evenings get darker sooner.. If it were just my husband and I then I wouldn't mind going out in the cold for a little exercise, but it's difficult with three young children and freezing temperatures! I'm thinking of doing some yoga at home while the kids are in school half days. We will see how that goes..

I've been through a lot over the past few years. I have been through a lot of struggles. I have realized that I am much stronger than I ever thought I was! I've matured a lot.. I've grown mentally. There are still some things about myself that I would like to change and I'm trying to find ways to work on it (which may even include some therapy). I've started taking classes to be a Veterinarian Technician so that I can take a bit of control of my life and help myself and my family live better financially. Even though I'm getting a very late start with school, I guess late is better than never.

Very soon (I hope) you will see this blog looking differently. I am planning on re-doing the headlines to take out the weightloss. It will still be a journey to a new found me because that is exactly what I am doing.. trying to find the NEW me and the person that I want to be!

I have a few new ideas that I would like to try with the blog.. talking about my personal struggles and accomplishments. Would like to get some reader participation going on so will be asking a few questions for everyone to comment on in my posts. I'm also going to post some inspirational sayings, quotes, or stories.. anything that I come across! There are so many places I could take this blog.. as long as I can find the TIME.. that is my biggest obstacle right now.

I don't know how often I will be able to post in here.. I'm going to aim for once a week.. things don't always go the way they are planned, but that is what I am aiming for! I hope that the few of you who have read my blog in the past will continue to read it in the future and will be willing to participate in some of my discussions!!...

Lots to come.... xo

No comments:

Post a Comment