Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Who am I?

Well, you can find most of my personal information in my profile, but you may be asking yourself what exactly is this blog about? Well, this blog is going to be about my new weight loss journey.

You see, I have been overweight for most of my life. I was always the fat kid in school. I've always been the fat friend. I'm about to turn 30 in April and I don't want to be this fat person anymore. The year 2006 was a very hard year for me, with my husband and I separating and I've done a lot of soul searching over the past few months. I finally decided that 2007 was going to be a better year for me and while I've been trying to work on my self esteem and learning to love myself, I feel that I can't truly love myself still being this fat girl that I am. So 2007 is my year! Since January 1, I have lost 17 lbs and hope to reach my goal by next year at this time. I'm going to use this blog as a sort of motivation for me. I've done a lot of research on weight loss and will post some of the things that I learn along the way. I will post links to some very helpful websites. I'll also be talking about what different strategies I am using along the way and may even post some pictures. Maybe my story can help inspire someone else in the same situation!

This is a short first post, but my next post will be about preparing yourself mentally to lose weight and change your life for the better. It's not easy. Believe me, it's not easy! I'm definitely no expert on weight loss but I want to share my knowledge along the way!

I want to share the ups and downs of this weight loss journey. I don't call it a diet because I feel that a diet is just a temporary fix. This is a life change that I am making and is something that will stick with me for the rest of my life!

Finding the new me is what I'm naming this blog because that is truly what I am doing. Since I have always been fat I've never seen the real me. I've never seen my true facial features and my true beauty because it has always been hidden under this fat. I want to see who I really am underneath all of these layers of yuck!

No comments:

Post a Comment