Thursday, August 27, 2009

Cycling the fat away!!


Well, let's see... I'm on week number 2 of my weight loss journey. Again, I am not calling it a diet as I still feel that it has to be a life long change, not just a quick fix! I hear so many people talk about how they are losing weight by skipping meals or just eating ONLY veggies and fruits. That may get you the quick fix that you are looking for but what do you think will happen when you lose the weight and start eating normally?? It's all going to come back! I think it is all about portion control and getting more fruits and veggies in your diet (and exercise ofcourse!). Just because you want to lose weight does not mean that you can never, ever eat pizza or ice cream again. Do you think thin people don't eat it?? They do, just in moderation! I'm doing pretty good with my eating.. making sure to get lots of veggies and fruits and eating less portions of the starchy carby foods.

My husband and I got ourselves some bikes last week.. We have both wanted some for awhile but just haven't had the money. We finally did it and I LOVE it! I was afraid to get on it at first as it has been probably about 15 years since I've ridden a bike. I was afraid I would tip right over (or pop the tires)! I did fine though, didn't fall once.. and once I got into the groove of it, I just rode and rode and rode! I love it! We go on bike rides with the kids all the time. I want to ride it every day.. I really enjoy it and it kinda makes me feel young again.. plus it is GREAT exercise! My legs are feeling it but it feels oh so good! I've also been doing some upper body exercises, as my legs are getting most of the work out with the bike! It's also a great thing to do with the family and the kids love it that we ride bikes with them, now!

I also wanted to mention a side effect of the Effexor. When it is hot outside, I sweat.. and I sweat A LOT! I've never sweated a lot, even being overweight, however this summer has been really bad for me and it's not normal for me. I mean it's to where the sweat is literally rolling off of me! My hair is wet, even my clothes get wet. It's GROSS! Excessive sweating is listed as a side effect of it. I was worried it would happen even it was cooler but thankfully it has not happened this week now that the temperature has been cooler. I was really thinking about going off of the meds just because it was disgusting and embarassing! I think I will stay on it though for awhile, at least. The excess sweating may do me some good while working out, too!

Anyway, I haven't weighed myself. I kinda decided that I'm going to stay away from the scales for awhile. If I don't lose a significant amount it will just discourage me, so I'm going to rely mainly on how my clothes are fitting. I may weigh myself just once in a blue moon when I get really curious. I know what I weighed when I went to the doctor a few weeks ago so I'm going to just stick with that for now and wait awhile to weigh again.

Hope everyone else is doing well??

No comments:

Post a Comment